A lot of people have been asking about my mother’s book which is all about my adoption and reunification. In this video I talk about where we are at with the book and what will be in it.
When is it Coming Out?
We are currently looking for a publisher and if we can’t find anything by this winter we are going to self publish. Unfortunately we do not have a date yet but when we do we will post it!
Where Can You Get it?
Rather then trying to send it out to everyone who wants one we are going to get it listed on Amazon or another online retailer.
Whats in the Book?
The book is written from my mother’s point of view and talks about our experiences as an adoptive family as this journey unfolded. It has 6 chapters which cover various aspects of the story. I have had a chance to read the book in its various forms and I think she did a great job. I don’t remember the chapter names exactly but this should give you a taste of what the book is all about.
- Adoption – This is all about my parents’ journey to adopt me in Honduras and the mystery that surrounded the process.
- Rediscovery – This chapter talks about the time period where we first learned of my birth family and how I was separated.
- Reunification – In December of 1997 we went down to meet my birth family for the first time. This chapter is all about that experience.
- My families’ story – This chapter details how my parents joined the revolution in El Salvador and what lead up to my separation.
- My Birth Mother – This is a very special chapter for me. My adoptive mother tries to give my birth mother a voice through interviews she did with various family members.
- The Civil War – The last chapter is all about our story in the context of the larger Civil War. It talks about other children who disappeared from their families.
Comments, questions? Please feel free to leave your comments below or contact me directly: dewittn [at] anasmiracle.com